Terms & Conditions
- – Alcoholic products such as wine, beer, cider, spirits are not eligible for entry. Coffee and products with any special medicinal benefits are also excluded.
- – There is no limit to the number of entries that each producer can enter.
- – You may enter multiple flavours/variants of the same product. Each flavour or variant requires a separate entry.
- – Products may be entered in multiple years.
- – All entries must be submitted online by 5 pm Monday 25 February 2019
- – An entry fee of $100 + GST ($115) is applicable per entry.
- – Entry fees will not be refunded.
- – To qualify for judging in the FMCG Business Outstanding New Product the product must have bene launched since 1 January 2018 and be available for sale.
- – To qualify for the Outstanding Start Up the business must have been launched after 1 January 2018.
- – Judging samples to arrive by Friday 8 March by 4 pm at the latest to: Carmel Clark, 101 Onehunga Mall, Onehunga, Auckland Phone: 027 488 1025, Office hours 8.30 to 4.30pm
- – Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing will not accept any liability for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- – Supporting materials may be included with your entry if desired (this material will not be returned).
- – It is the sole responsibility of all entrants to provide relevant information to support entries and all completed entries will become the property of Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing.
- – All entrants to the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producers Awards must agree to take part in reasonable publicity and promotions.
- – If a product wins a major category these winning entrants agree to provide up to 10 units of product at no charge for use in publicity and promotions. Additional product should also be available at trade pricing to Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing for extended marketing activities to support the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producers Awards.
- – Entry to the competition and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use any winner’s name, image and any competition entry (excluding contact details or financial information), for promotional and/or editorial purposes without additional consultation.
- – Personal information provided in your entry form will not be passed to any third parties, other than for the purpose of judging the competition or for use as outlined above.
- – Entrants must provide information in accordance with the Outstanding NZ Food Producer Awards official entry form.
- – Entrants must state the intention to enter, specify the category entered, product name and provide payment by the requested date.
- – Organisers will not accept food and drinks products for judging that are in polystyrene packing. Please ensure no polystyrene is used to pack food and drinks for judging.
Sustainability Guide for entry to Outstanding NZ Food Producer Awards 2019
Business must be viable:
- – Prioritise the key considerations that work for your business.
- – You can’t do everything.
Key environmental considerations:
- – Water (usage / discharges / efficiencies in production)
- – Soil (land use practices / organic / biodynamic / farming practices / planting / growing)
- – Waste (food waste / product waste /where waste goes / waste reduction)
- – Packaging (plastics / biodegradable / compostable / returnable / reusable
- – Energy use (across the entire system / heating / cooling / lighting / machinery)
- – Transportation (getting goods to and from your business / importing / distribution)
- – Processing (manufacturing / plant operations / chemicals / inputs / outputs)
- – Climate change (mitigation or adaptation measures / measuring emissions / offsetting)
Key social considerations:
- – People (employees / staff / how they’re treated)
- – Community (sphere in which you operate / how much you care)
- – Business structure (social enterprise model / profit for purpose / charity / other)
Please list any accreditation your company has e.g. Fair Trade, BIOGRO, CEMARS.
To be eligible for entry into the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Awards, entries must meet the following requirements:
- – Products must be manufactured in New Zealand
- – A producer may enter products packaged by a third party
- – In the primary category, the product must be New Zealand grown or reared
- – In the value-added categories, ingredients can be sourced from further afield if not readily available in New Zealand
- – Products MUST be sold via retail in New Zealand at the time of judging e.g. retail stores, farmers’ market/s, online sales
- – Both the product and packaging entered must meet the requirements of FSNZA and The Fair Trading Act
- – All entries should be as per a normal production run
Note: Whilst every effort is made to ensure product eligibility is correct the head judge retains the right to transfer product to a more suitable category or to withdraw product if it is deemed unsuitable or entry at any time.
Coast People’s Choice
- – People’s Choice votes will be received until 5pm on Sunday 31 March 2019
- – When voting via the website entrants must leave their email address and local region. Information collected will be used exclusively to share updates on the Awards. Information is not given or sold to third parties.
Judging and Prizes
Champions and medal winners will be decided by a judging panel appointed by Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing.
- – Up to 11 category winners will be named as well as the Outstanding NZ Food Producer Awards and the Supreme Champion 2019.
- – The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- – No alternative prizes are available.
- – All entrants may request feedback from the judges’ comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- – The Supreme Champion and major category winners will be named in NZ Life & Leisure 2019 issue in a special editorial announcement. All gold and silver medallists and category champions are listed on this website and included in associated publicity
- – Winners agree to adhere to the brand requirements of the Outstanding NZ Food Producer Awards in the promotion of their award
- – By completing an entry for the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producers Awards you agree to the above terms and conditions.