Terms & Conditions
- – Alcoholic products such as wine, beer, cider, spirits are not eligible for entry. Coffee is also excluded.
- – There is no limit to the number of entries that each producer can enter.
- – You may enter multiple flavours/variants of the same product. Each flavour or variant requires a separate entry.
- – Entrants must provide information in accordance with the Outstanding NZ Food Producer Awards official entry form.
- – Entrants must state intention to enter, specify the category entered, product name and provide payment by the requested date.
- – All entries must be submitted online by 5 pm Friday 17 February 2017
- – All entries to arrive in Auckland no later than 5pm on Wednesday 1 March 2017 to the address provided.
- – An entry fee of $75 + GST ($86.25) is applicable per entry.
- – Each entry fee includes one ticket to complementary Produce Brand Building Workshop hosted by Marvellous Marketing. Auckland, Tuesday 13 June 2017. Christchurch, Tuesday 20 June 2017.
- – Supporting materials may be included with your entry if desired (this material will not be returned).
- – Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing will not accept any liability for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- – The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- – No alternative prizes are available.
- – It is the sole responsibility of all entrants to provide relevant information to support entries and all completed entries will become the property of Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing.
- – All entrants to the Outstanding NZ Food Producers Awards must agree to take part in reasonable publicity and promotions.
- – If a product wins a major category these winning entrants agree to provide up to 20 units of product at no charge for use in publicity and promotions. Additional product should also be available at trade pricing to Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing for extended marketing activities to support the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producers Awards.
- – Entry to the competition and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use any winner’s name, image and any competition entry (excluding contact details or financial information), for promotional and/or editorial purposes without additional consultation.
- – Personal information provided in your entry form will not be passed to any third parties, other than for the purpose of judging the competition or for use as outlined above.
- – By completing an entry for the Outstanding NZ Food Producers Awards you agree to be by the above terms and conditions.
To be eligible for entry into the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Awards, entries must meet the following requirements:
- – Products must be manufactured in New Zealand
- – To be eligible for an Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Award the product must be submitted by the Producer or Manufacturer of the product. A brand owner or retailer is not eligible to enter products made by a contract third party manufacturer or producer.
- – A producer may however enter products packaged by a third party.
- – In the primary category, product must be New Zealand grown or reared
- – In the value-added categories, ingredients can be sourced from further afield if not readily available in New Zealand
- – Products MUST be sold via retail in New Zealand at the time of judging e.g. retail stores, farmers’ market/s, online sales.
- – Both the product and packaging entered must meet the requirements of FSNZA and The Fair Trading Act.
- – All entries should be as per a normal production run
Note: whilst every effort is made to ensure product eligibility is correct the head judge retains the right to transfer product to a more suitable category or to withdraw product if it is deemed unsuitable or entry at any time.
- – People’s Choice votes will be received until 11.59pm on Friday 31 March 2017.
- – People’s Choice votes will only be accepted from this website or via SMS.
- – When voting via the website entrants must leave their email address and local region. Information collected will be used exclusively to share updates on the Awards. Information is not given or sold to third parties.
- – Every vote goes into the prize draw, which will be made at the conclusion of voting, in the week commencing Monday 3 April 2017.
- – People’s Choice winners will be announced with the Outstanding NZ Food Producer Awards on Wednesday 26 April 2017.
Judging and Prizes
Finalists and winners will be decided by a judging panel appointed by Awards organisers, Marvellous Marketing.
- – Up to eight category winners will be named as as well as the NZ Life & Leisure Outstanding NZ Food Producer 2017.
- – All entrants will receive a feedback form with judges comments by Friday 31 March 2017.
- – All category winners will be named in NZ Life & Leisure May 2017 issue in a special editorial announcement. All finalists and winners are listed on this website and included in associated publicity.
- – The grand winner will receive $5000 in marketing services from Marvellous Marketing to be used by 30 April 2018.
- – Winners and finalists agree to adhere to the brand requirements of the Outstanding NZ Food Producer Awards in the promotion of their award.