How the judging works
All products will be judged and rated according to three judging criteria:
– Visual appearance
– Packaging (if applicable)
– Point of Difference
– Sustainable business practices in producing the product
– Brand story
– All entries are blind judged using a double-blind system.
– There are four Category Champions, one for each of the following; Dairy, Earth, Paddock and Water.
– The Supreme Champion for the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Awards 2018 will be selected from the four Category Champions.
– There are five Special Awards which are; NZ Life & Leisure Spirit of Innovation Award, FMCG Business Outstanding New Product, Label & Litho Outstanding Design, Marvellous Marketing Outstanding Drink and T & G Global Sustainability Award.
– Gold and Silver Medallists, Special Award Winners, Category Champions and the Supreme Champion can be licensed to use the relevant Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Awards logos on their product and in marketing.