How the judging works
Judging is made on the following criteria. PRODUCT: Quality, taste, consistency, visual appearance, innovation, packaging (if applicable), innovation (80%). SUSTAINABILTY: Sustainable business practices in producing the product (10%). BRAND STORY: The story of your brand, how you got here, where you’re going, what makes your product special and demonstrates your passion. (10%).
– Visual appearance
– Packaging (if applicable)
– Point of Difference
– Sustainable business practices in producing the product
– Brand story
– All entries are blind judged using a double-blind system.
– There are four Category Champions, one for each of the following; Dairy, Earth, Paddock and Water.
– The Supreme Champion for the Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Awards 2019 will be selected from the four Category Champions.
– There are seven Special Awards which are; NZ Life & Leisure Spirit of New Zealand Award, T & G Global Sustainability Award., FMCG Business Outstanding New Product, Label & Litho Outstanding Packaging, Marvellous Marketing Outstanding Drink, Outstanding Free From Product and Outstanding Startup Producer.
– Gold and Silver Medallists, Special Award Winners, Category Champions and the Supreme Champion are licensed to use the relevant Outstanding New Zealand Food Producer Awards logos on their product and in marketing.