Fresh & Quick Side Dish
There’s no need to use precious oven space on Christmas Day with this side dish from Farro featuring Clevedon Buffalo Co.‘s chilli and lime marinated buffalo mozzarella. Thanks to Farro for this delicious Fregola Salad with zucchini and award-winning Clevedon Buffalo Chilli and Lime Cheese. Enjoy!
PREP:15 MINS | COOK TIME:10 MINUTES | SERVES:6-8
- 1 cup fregola tostata
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 jar Clevedon Buffalo Chilli and Lime Cheese
- 3 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled (preferably mild)
- 1 cup mix of mint and basil leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons toasted Pinoli pine nuts
Clevedon Buffalo Chilli and Lime Cheese
- Cook the fregola in a pot of boiling salted water for 8 mins, drain well and rinse to cool.
- Dress with the white wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar of cheese.
- Thinly slice the zucchini on a mandolin (or use a peeler) and put into a bowl with ½ teaspoon of sea salt to soften for 15 mins.
- Put into the bowl with the fregola, dress with the lemon juice and 2 – 3 tablespoons of the oil from the jar.
- Toss, put into a serving bowl, add the cheese and herbs and scatter with the pine nuts to serve.
- Serve with Ara Single Estate Pinot Gris!